Sunday, September 1, 2013

Why not?

Good morning! We have a fun new challenge for you at About A Girl. This time around we are doing a cross-over with our sister site About A Boy and our challenge is to create a boy page using black, white, and one other color. I chose blue and this photo of my youngest nephew playing in the mud (after his Mom had told him not to of course).
For this page I used the Echo Park collection "All about a boy" papers. I inked the edges and then did some masking to the background with heavy gesso and the CW "static" stencil. While I allowed it to dry, I cut out my arrows and inked the edges. Using the "Sprightly sprockets" dies by Spellbinders I made some gears to go with the metal gears I had in my stash. I used cardboard under the arrows and photo, and pop dots under a few of the gears for added dimension. Finishing it off with a few light sprays of Ranger black ink.
Thanks for popping in! I hope you get the chance to join us!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I'm so use to seeing more feminine layouts of yours, so this really stood out in the thumbnail! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one too Michelle! Love that photo ....typical boy! Love the chevrons and gears....really nice boy page!

    ReplyDelete