Friday, December 7, 2012

Country roads, take me home

TGIF my friends! The last three days have been rainy and overcast so I'm really happy to finally see some sun shining through this morning. Today I'd like to share a page that I've done based off the fabulous Sketchabilities #80 sketch. Here's the sketch:
And this the page I created using Authentique "Peaceful" collection:
Lots of layers on this page that I've punched and distressed. I thought it would be perfect for The Studio Challenges which happens to be layers this month. I have some close-ups to share...
The Scrap FX chipboard birds on a wire I inked with metallic copper. They really sparkle IRL and I'm glad that I was able to incorporate this piece into my page so that I can enter in Frosted Designs 12 Days of Christmas. Day 1 is to use a bird on your creation. I adhered it with pop dots for more dimension.


I applied a little gesso to the birdhouse with my fingertip.
I really enjoyed putting this page together and I hope you've enjoyed it as well. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! Your layering is amazing and the flower clusters are so pretty - love the addition of the pearls and the lace ribbon in the center. Thanks so much for joining us for day 1 of the Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas challenge - hope you'll continue to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layering, clustering and punching here! lovely page! thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is just beautiful! I'm so happy you shared it with us over at Frosted Designs for our 12 Days of Christmas challenge.

    Your layering is just amazing and I love your country road photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page, Chelle!! Love the paint drips and all your amazing details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all those layers! The birds are cute and there are so many lovely details. Thank you for taking part in Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What a gorgeous layout" love all the layering and your flowers stunning, I really like the photo looks a very beautiful spot.Thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great frameing of that beautiful picture ♥ Thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool page!!! Everything is sooo well placed!! Nice job Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! I love how you used the bird banner!

    ReplyDelete