Saturday, September 1, 2012

Besties

I can't believe it's September already. Where has the summer gone? Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts that I've done. The first one I did recently for the Twisted Blueprints challenge #9 over at Colorful Creations. The twist was you had to use paint, polka dots, and metal on your layout. And here was the sketch:
 
 
And here was my take:
 
 
For this layout I used Echo Park's Yours Truly collection. The flowers are a mixture of Petaloo, Prima, and Recollections. I used magenta acrylic paint in the upper left and lower right corners, stamped  randomly with bubble wrap. For the required metal I used stick pins as well as a dragonfly brad.
 
 
 
 
Unconditional love....
The next layout was one that I did for SOUS a while back. I used Basic Grey's Kissing Booth collection. I fussy cut the hearts out then hand stitched them to the layout for a 3-D extra interest affect. The swirl chippies and "love" chipboard are both from Dusty Attic. The butterflies I cut out and dressed up with some stickles and wire antenna. The flowers are mostly Prima.
 
 
 
And this was the sketch that I had to work with:
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by for a peek and your comments. I appreciate it.







No comments:

Post a Comment