Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cherish *LGS challenge #25

Hey there! I decided to try entering another sketch challenge. I love working with sketches and Let's get sketchy has a current sketch challenge using this sketch:


And here was my take on the sketch:


I tried to stick as close to the sketch as possible. For this layout I used a lot of my old stash from Glitz "Graced with Lace" as well as "French Kiss". I even have a sheet of Prima's "Moulin Rouge". On the corrugated board I mixed some molding paste with a touch of coral acrylic paint,  and dabbed here and there. On the butterfly, I used a Dusty Attic chippie that I painted with Ranger's onyx opal liquid pearls. For the coral flowers I sprayed them lightly first with Tattered Angels' Coral reef, then with Tattered Angels' Pumpkin spice. I did the same procedure with the Dusty Attic "Cherish" for my title. Here are a couple of close ups:
 
 
 
Thanks so much for looking and your comments.

5 comments:

  1. wonderful LO! love the distressing and punch work! beautiful embellies too! thanks for playing with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love the vintage look! Thank you for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the monarch butterfly and the piano banner!!! Such a great take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice layout, I love the strips of paper coming off the side, the piano one is really cool, thanks for playing along with us at lgs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!Love the orange flower!
    Thanks for playing along with at LGS!

    ReplyDelete